January 26, 2011
Natural Treatment For Gas Belching Heartburn
If you’re searching for a natural treatment for gas, belching and heartburn, look no further! There are a huge number of ways you can neutralize heartburn and its associated symptoms without reaching for a bottle of pills.
1. Ginger is an age old remedy for all types of stomach ailments, including heartburn, gas and belching. It can be found in tea or candied forms and is equally effective across all mediums. If you’re experiencing heartburn, simply drink a glass of ginger tea, or eat a few pieces of candied ginger to help relieve the pain.
2. Modify your eating habits. If you’re a sucker for that fifth cup of coffee, extra onion on your burger, or extra lemon juice in your tea, you may want to rethink things. Coffee, garlic, onion, citrus and alcohol are all common causes of heartburn and indigestion. Additionally, you can modify your eating habits by watching how much you eat how often. If you’re in the habit of eating a lot just a few times a day, try the opposite and see how that helps. Eating less, more can help your body better deal with the food it’s given, preventing acid buildup and subsequent gas and heartburn.
3. Try drinking a glass of water. The water will help to dilute harmful stomach acids and flush out your digestive system. For extra benefits, add a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar to the water. This will help to neutralize stomach acids and bring fast relief from gas and heartburn pain.
4. Aloe vera juice is also helpful to some people when it comes to relieving heartburn and the associated belching and gas. A quarter of a cup before or after meals can help neutralize acids. However, it’s important to note that this is aloe vera juice, not gel. Aloe vera gel should never be consumed as it can cause additional digestive problems. Only drink aloe vera juice that is labeled as juice and meant for consumption.
5. Exercise regularly. Not only will this routine help you to maintain better health, but it will provide a stress release, which will keep stomach acids from building up.
6. This leads us to stress relief. Stress is a major cause of heartburn and indigestion. So, focus on reducing your stress levels to provide heartburn relief. Go for a walk, take up yoga or meditation, practice deep breathing, listen to soothing music or get a massage. Doing these types of things will help you to keep stress at bay, and provide a natural way to deal with your heartburn.
7. Papaya can also help relieve your gas, belching and heartburn symptoms. Papaya contains a digestive enzyme that helps your body break food down and prevents the buildup of stomach acids.
8. Some people have even found success with naturally relieving heartburn by eating an apple before or after each meal. Apparently, at least for some, an apple a day really does keep the doctor away.
These are just a few suggestions for natural treatment for gas, belching and heartburn. For more information, visit refluxremedy.com.